thinking or doing?
What an extremely warm week it is proving to be and what a delight for the sheep to have a few days to sunbathe before the inevitable and needed break for rain and cooler days again. I am currently sitting with the window open in an effort to boost my vitamin "D" levels so I am strong and healthy for the year of change or not change to come. Honestly talk about living in limbo land.
I have decided action is the cure for over thinking and depression. And having sourced an excellent new translator we are powering through the tardy paperwork hoping to keep Le Préfet happy with The Franklin Family. We have received some ominous lists of paper required and after reading them I usually put the paper down for a day, and then read it again the following day. It is quite amazing how a little reflection can make things seem less challenging.Then calmly (I can hear my children laughing at my use of the word calmly ;) ) I proceed with the most dificult longwinded item, then an easy one to make me feel better. Thus we are nearly prepared for the first interview in the family on Monday. Yay or not yay, depending on which member of the family you are.
My Dad was "a thinker", or that's what he used to call himself when he fell asleep on his garden chair. "Are you asleep Dad?" "No, I am just thinking". When you tried to rescue his glass of beer or red wine from his hand his fist would clench around the glass to signal his thinking state. I always thought thinking was a waste of time making you prone to inaction and blue days, and frequently warn my sister against its dangers. However, in recent years with the degradation of the environment, the politics or maybe my age,?, I find myself chopping meat in the butchery having a thinking session. Whoa! Fortunately I have managed to not sever any arteries in the process as the mind wandering off could cause a knife to wander too.
Many people have challenged me environmentally, intellectually, politically and spiritually and occassionally I have had to bite my tongue to avoid a difficult situation, but after some gentle reflection I return to the same conclusions with regard to my opinions on my time on this planet. If you can live your life and leave it environmentally, intellectually, politically and spiritually better than you started then you are doing allright.
I am reading a book at the moment which I did not initially enjoy. It is full of people who have broadened their minds through discussion, sharing and reading, and more discussion, sharing, changing and reading. These characters are from all walks of life and are together under trying circumstances and make it through to the other side as whole people with good energy to bring to life.
It is a pity that the bulk of power currently is held by people who appear to be unwilling to learn through sharing and discussion and do not appear to be people who are remotely interested in leaving anything behind of any lasting value for anyone.
This is not meant to be a miserable blog it is meant to uplift you, to think, and then do, preferably with other people to bring about change big or small to help leave something behind of which you are proud.
Big smiles to everyone
P.S Below our latest catch ;) What a cutie!
3/30/2019 04:28:20 pm
We all know that depression couldn’t be cured that easy, but there are ways on how we lessen the emptiness that we feel. What we need to do is to listen what we think and clear our mind. What you did was right; when things get rough and quite tough, it would be a better decision to talk to yourself. It is not crazy to talk yourself and check how things are going with yourself. Actually, that was the right thing to do! You may be bombarded with several stuff to do, but what’s good about this is your will to finish it!
5/17/2019 12:01:35 am
People say that mere thinking is far from doing. I say from experience that a lot of successful ventures have been initially finished in the thought process even before there was an actual execution. It's the Japanese way. They say 95% of the effort should be spent on planning while only the rest of the 5% remained for execution. When we plan things, we lay out everything in a way where we can see everything and every possible fault in the plan. This way we can solve problems right away and avoid having to redo things. It saves a lot of effort and time.
Leave a Reply.
I am farming sheep and goats on the Dordogne/Gironde border with my husband and our 3 children. We have an on farm butchery and sell our meat direct to the public via the markets and delivery points in our local area